Monday, September 19, 2011

My 40th Birthday Present to Myself -- I MOVED!


I moved! I moved from a beautiful 3 bedroom home on an acre of land in small quaint Milford with just my boyfriend, I and our 2 cats, to a 2 bedroom small home in busy Redford (a block away from 8 mile - yeah, Eminem's 8 Mile) with my parents. Isn’t that what everyone does the week before they turn 40? I wanted to follow my dreams of being a house hold name for interior design. I wanted to explore life again and live it to its fullest.

So, I packed up all my treasures (because, if I’m taking the time to pack it and figure out where/how to store it… it IS a treasure!) Called a wonderful friend and moved; moved with the help of 9 determined friends with really BIG trucks and trailer.

Now, I’m living in a 30’ x 15’ space where I’m sleeping and running my dream company from.  And yeah… Did I mention it has to be remodeled? (unless red, orange, yellow flowered stripe ripped wall paper, mixed with knotty pine paneling is your thing) My living space needs some major remolding, while the rest of the house needs more of a facelift. And, there isn’t a budget for anything.

I don’t look at this as limiting or a step backward… Instead I’m proud and embracing all of it - smiling!

This blog is my story. What it’s like to move in with my parents and follow my dream, while remolding MY home in completely my style. I hope you enjoy the ride

My sleeping space
View from my bed to my office


1 comment:

  1. You don't like red, orange, yellow flowered stripe ripped wall paper mixed with knotty pine paneling? I guess there's a reason YOU'RE the interior designer and not me. ;-) So excited for your blog and your life adventure! Go out there and kick some ass, Betsy!

    ReplyDelete