Friday, June 26, 2015

A Blog a Day




Discipline: (noun) training or conditions imposed for the improvement of physical powers, self-control, etc.


I need to work on mine! No, that's not accurate... I need to find where I hid mine, dust off the cobwebs - THEN start rebuilding to make it stronger. It's not a word people would use to describe me. However, it is a characteristic a new wife, a new step-mom, a new business owner "should" have. (Or, know where it's hiding.)

I am great at having ideas. I have journals full of brainstorms or brain-dumbs! I am a wiz at starting projects. My art studio has piles of unfinished "good intentions". But, having the discipline to actually finish something (anything)... Now, that is a rare event and should be celebrated!

But... But... I want more out of life! I'm learning, slowly, that the "D"-word is important tool to help me get there!!! And, I'm too suborn to just give in and let life win... So, I'm going to find my Discipline, start training, and Live the Life I crave!

My first task in this journey: Blog every day for 90 days.

Now, here's the flip-side: I'm nervous! In the past when I've started something my follow through has lasted 2 days, 5 days at the most... And here I am broadcasting to the world I'm going to do something for 90 days! At the same time, I'm excited about it. I can't wait to see who I am at the end of this challenge. How will my writing evolve? Will my discipline change? Will I enjoy it?


Like the road less traveled... We'll see where it takes me.


Photo Credit: TheThingsWeSay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment