Monday, August 3, 2015

Taking a Leap of Faith

Fear of starting is such a big thing to get over!

I have been in the "Starting" phase of my new business venture for 7 months now! I keep learning more and redesigning what I want. And even knowing what I want I've been starting that for 3! 

I am passionate about what I want to do. I know I can do it. I've been studying it and seeing it everywhere and how I can use it... But... Still... I'm afraid to commit to it.

We are financial ok??? with me not working; so there's not a "I need to pay the bills" drive. I don't have any clients; so no one is waiting on me. This puts me in a weird space. I get to do this because I want to. 

WOW! I hadn't put that together till just now. I am lucky enough to do what I Want, because I Want to. And yet, I'm still afraid of that first step. So silly!

I keep making up routines I think that will inspire me to work. I decided to just choose working and work for a couple of hours. I avoid it all together and watch TV or sleep. And still I'm in the "Starting" phase. 

During the last couple of weeks, I got a "Client", ok my parent's rental property, and it felt so good! I felt alive and like I really could pull this off. I was getting Results! I got results! What I was doing was making a difference. I had a direction. I want more of it! More and More and MORE! (And yet, I'm still afraid to take a big step.)

Now, I get to find more of what will get me to do the work and keep me going so I can continue this feeling.

What do you do to keep you going when you don't want to? What drives you? I'm looking for ideas....



No comments:

Post a Comment